I am offering technical courses for potters. With my technical background, I’ve found that I have a deeper knowledge of many of these topics than most potters, and I can distill the information into a more readily understood course.
Face to Face Courses
On the 7th we spend a full day looking at why line blends are useful and how you can use them to improve your glazes, and at the various approaches you can take to making them. Then you will make up one or more series of tests to be fired. On the morning of the 28th we convene again to look at and discuss people’s results. It is being held at Messums’ brand new workshop space at Chilmark, just west of Salisbury. For full details, and to book, click here.
With all of these courses you get:
- A series of live illustrated lectures, where you can ask questions and start discussions
- Additional discussion sessions are set up for those who cannot attend the live sessions, whether due to time zones or other commitments
- A dedicated forum for all course attendees
- Each lecture presentation is made available as a PDF download
- Recordings of each lecture are also made available
- You get enhanced, subscriber level access to my Tech website, which has a lot more in depth information on the topics, references for further material and more
Access to the video recordings, forum, and subscriber level on the web site is free for up to 4 week after the end of the course. After that, it is available for just US$3 a month.
The next cycle of courses starts on 18th January 2022, and the one after that on 10th May 2022.